FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Mortgage Insurance solution for mortgage brokers! View next topic
View previous topic

Calvin Hamler
Flash in the pan

Re: Mortgage Insurance solution for mortgage brokers!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CJKatl wrote:
Please, can the moderator remove the previous post and the thread?

This web site has been a useful tool to many in the industry. People have been able to discuss, debate, and learn about issues. Up until this thread, from what I've seen, most people have had the respect not to use this site to overtly promote their business.

If the OP would like to purchase an ad on the Implode-o-meter, I'm sure the moderators would be happy to arrange that. Posting something that turns into an unpaid advertisment is wrong for so many reasons.

Can this please be nipped in the bud before the site becomes nothing but a useless classified listings page?

Rather than anonymously trashing someone's company, I am offering help and support to the mortgage broker community. If that is a bad thing, then I am guilty as charged. Believe me, everyone is trying to shut me up these days!

CENSORSHIP IS DANGEROUS

Calvin B. Hamler, AMP
CEO & Managing Member
Assurity Financial Services, LLC
www.linkedin.com/in/calvinhamler
www.assurityfinancial.com
Randall
Batman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish we had more corporate transparency like Calvin offers... lucky forum... lucky us.

The damage the loss of PMI and like companies can do to the bottom lines of Mortgage Brokers needs to be addressed, and everyone needs to know about alternatives, and solutions.

Last edited by Randall on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
t2940
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

"When they came for everyone else, I said nothing. Then, when they came for me, there was no one left to listen."

I like that one liner
JimmyBoone
Dud?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Randall wrote:
I wish we had more corporate transperency like Calvin offers... lucky forum... lucky us.

The damage the loss of PMI and like companies can do to the bottom lines of Mortgage Brokers needs to be addressed, and everyone needs to know about alternatives, and solutions.

Agree Randall...thanks for keeping this up.
michaelh
Dud?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Calvin that is the kind of information that helps me navigate this hostile mortgage enviroment!!

Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Calvin Hamler wrote:
CJKatl wrote:
Please, can the moderator remove the previous post and the thread?

This web site has been a useful tool to many in the industry. People have been able to discuss, debate, and learn about issues. Up until this thread, from what I've seen, most people have had the respect not to use this site to overtly promote their business.

If the OP would like to purchase an ad on the Implode-o-meter, I'm sure the moderators would be happy to arrange that. Posting something that turns into an unpaid advertisment is wrong for so many reasons.

Can this please be nipped in the bud before the site becomes nothing but a useless classified listings page?

Rather than anonymously trashing someone's company, I am offering help and support to the mortgage broker community. If that is a bad thing, then I am guilty as charged. Believe me, everyone is trying to shut me up these days!

CENSORSHIP IS DANGEROUS

I am not trashing your company. I'm not trying to censor anything you are trying to say. I'm trying to keep you from trying to advertise your company in this forum. This is not a place to advertise.

The implode-o-meter accepts paid advertising. You are trying to hijack this board for free advertising. That is wrong. If this board becomes a place where everyone with something to sell posts about his great product or service, it will lose its purpose.

Say what you want. But if you want to advertise, have the dignity to pay for the ad. Don't mask stealing advertising space under the guise of someone trying to shut down your message.

Randall, if I'm wrong about that, then is advertising permitted within this board? Is it open to any and all ads? Or just those for certain products or services? Do you really want the board to go down that slope? There are a couple other boards that have become worthless because they've turned into nothing but ads for other web sites and shady services.

Is the implode-o-meter leaving up all ads, or just the ones it deems acceptable? Is the implode-o-meter then endorsing those that are left up? If we are unhappy with services rendered, can we hold the implode-o-meter responsible because we assumed the fact the ad was allowed to remain meant the implode-o-meter endorsed the poster?
sleepless-in-Seattle
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1) Calvin is great and offers excellent insight and perspective. I follow all of his posts. Try chasing away the time-wasters who post the one-liners trying to increase their #'s of posts.

2) Assurity is under the Top Non Imploded Lenders list (on the main page), and I recall reading that those lenders pay to be on the list.

3) I need a job and hope Calvin sees that I'm a "company man!" Wink
FIXMYLOAN
Consigliere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I see nothing wrong with the post - We don't censor...if Randall has no problem, why should I.

Meanwhile, Assurity offers brokers who are serious about staying in business another outlet.

Sounds like typical in-house banker sour grapes to me...

(For the record, I am both...)

"If they'll lie FOR you, they'll lie TO you"
klifffy
Cherry Bomb

sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Sleepless,

Ever wonder why Assurity doesn't do business in Seattle.

Washington State has the more rigoress broker/loan originator regs in the nation. They are not stifeling, just reasonable. Got a felony, can't be a LO. Have a misdemeanor regarding financial matters, can't be a LO. Can't drum up about $250/year, can't be a LO. Aren't smart enough to figure out how to sign up for the NMLS on the computer, can't be a LO. Can't pass a test regarding basic nation and state regs, no license.

Want to do misleading advertising, can't be a LO. Don't want to identify yourself by license number on business cards or any advertisement, can't be a LO.

Even those exempt from licensing (banks) are having to answer why they don't have a license.
FIXMYLOAN
Consigliere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AN LO, not a LO.

"If they'll lie FOR you, they'll lie TO you"

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic