FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Discussion on Superior Mortgage Corp - Wholesale View next topic
View previous topic

autopost
Schumpeter Reincarnate

Re: Discussion on Superior Mortgage Corp - Wholesale
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://ml-implode.com/imploded.....01-19.html
Dixiegirl
Dud?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me be the first to say I have been doing business with Superior for many years. I know the principals of this fine company very well and am confident this temporary action is a prudent move in this very difficult market. Your sources say that wholesale is their bread and butter. That is quite an exageration since I know that it is less than 20% of their production. They are a retail referral driven company and wholesale was a small part. They choose their brokers very carefully and only work with solid companies. If they decided to temporarily halt wholesale it's more than likely because their retail origination is doing so well and with the recent surge in volume they do not want their service levels to suffer.
OldTimer99
Dud?

A Rare Gem
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's a little unfair that Superior is on the "implode" list. This company certainly hasn't imploded; instead they made a reasonable strategic decision to [i]avoid[/i] imploding. With all the wholesalers gone, and brokers desperate to move their pipeline of cr*p (the same cr*p that poisoned the other lenders stupid enough to create the product in the first place), it's probably just not worth their time to sift through the junk trying to find a good loan or two. They decided to concentrate on their very successful core business and not get sidetracked by a small blip on the radar. How many companies have the foresight to say 'no' to more business? I've known Steve, Brian and George for many year and this isn't the first time they have made a smart business decision that others would not have had the courage or integrity to make. For example, when net branching became all the rage, they saw very early on the risks of putting originating managers a virtually uncontrolled environment, and overcompensating them for a no-risk job. They stayed away from the big money trend and chose a safer alternative. They are one of very few that has survived with their reputation untarnished, and they deserve every bit of success they have earned.
jackkey
Dud?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I am not so sure whether Superior has been wholesale since I’ve heard them to be more retail in their doings. And yes, they are having a tough time but keep in mind that the reason why they skipped off wholesale did not have anything to do with their organization being in turmoil. Instead, their retail arena is still high and I personally think their recent shutting off of wholesale might be to concentrate more on retail!

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic