FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Discussion on Amtrust Bank View next topic
View previous topic

cbc1103
Dud?

Still there......
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seen many comments on who is to blame, will they still be there, who will buy them, who will shut them down and how many employees will lose there jobs. That kind of talk started in mid November. Amtrust is still there, the nay-sayers are still there. Who will win?

From what I hear Amtrust will be fine. The OTS is meeting with them this week. The FDIC, Fannie and Freddie have all told the OTS the value of having Amtrust in the RE lending market.

Who will win????????
MartyMedve
Dud?

Amtrust is fine!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deadline was Dec 31st. They met the requirements and are fine. They should be removed from this list. I know exactly what and who caused the problem. Yes, they did layoff our AE but the divisional managers have filled his shoes. We are one of their best correspondants by the way. I should know. The cease order was only for land and development loans. Not mortgage lending. By the way, we locked loans every day since Dec 15th until present. info on that is c**p!!

Flash in the pan

What's the latest?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone know anything new about AmTrust?
I_Like_2Mortgage
Dyn-o-mite!

Re: Discussion on Amtrust Bank
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alive and well.

Flash in the pan

hi
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They are clearing out any old Agency Jumbo, but regular conforming is still fine. New locks are not a problem. If fact, they may extend locks just to get refi's closed into January.

Lisa11
dukeman
Dud?

AmTrust - out of touch with mortgage broker world
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bet it is hard to find a testimonial now on how easy it is to do business with AmTrust. Speaking from experience, over 5 years working there I can tell you that "Speed, Ease and Control" is their laughable mantra.

Earlier this month a core group of top producers broke away from the mortgage operation of AmTrust because of the 'ridiculousness' of cutting off struggling brokers, cutting compensation while requiring higher performance standards, excessive qc holds, excessive timelines in the name of 'compliance'.....stay tuned and see New York Community Bank sell them off.

The glory days of OHIO Mortgage Banking are long over. The new regime has destroyed everything Peter Goldberg and Bob Eisendrath had built. Peter was a visionary and should be lauded, not vilified.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic