FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Postcards or Letters View next topic
View previous topic

gzajdel
Dud?

Postcards or Letters
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am preparing my marketing campaign. Maybe anyone knows , what is better , more effective? Letter or Postcard?
Sam I Am
C-4

Re: Postcards or Letters
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sam suggests a personal visit.
If you have a van, it can easily be adapted to make it possible for you to park across the street from their home and observe them for a few days. Get to know their schedule and habits. Go thru their trash. Follow them to work and find out who their friends and family are.
The more information you can gather about them before you approach them the better off you will be.

gzajdel
Dud?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds like KGB prcatices,but thank you for you tip.
Underwriter
Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sam I Am wrote:
If you have a van, it can easily be adapted to make it possible for you to park across the street from their home and observe them for a few days. Get to know their schedule and habits. Go thru their trash. Follow them to work and find out who their friends and family are.
The more information you can gather about them before you approach them the better off you will be.

Sam I Am - So glad to see you on here again. But, c'mon, the poster was asking a fairly innocent question.

Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Underwriter wrote:
Sam I Am wrote:

Sam I Am - So glad to see you on here again. But, c'mon, the poster was asking a fairly innocent question.

C'mon UW...you know Sams humor. Lighten up Twisted Evil or Snarky Twisted Evil or Snarky

Batman

In Raymond's other thread the answer is
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Raymond has a lot of info about this here:
http://implode-explode.com/for.....3802#63802

I know that's starting at the back end of the thread, but I don't think you can get a more professional comprehensive answer than the link above.

C-4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Underwriter, here is where we differ. Sam does not see the validity of the question. Any answer given is nothing more than opinion.
Possibly the best answer is “Both”, or “Neither”.

BOTH - If direct mail is your marketing approach, then the only successful way is to touch the customer in as many ways as possible. NCAllied had some great perspective on this in a post last week “Untapped free lead source - http://implode-explode.com/for.....php?t=4536. Sam’s personal experience is that you have to do something to get them to read your message. 90% of the junk mail received in this shack is not even opened. It goes the same place as bills, in the trash!

NEITHER – Your best prospects are your previous customers and their family and friends. If you are new and just starting out (You poor soul) get out into the community and introduce yourself to everyone you see. Give them a business card. Talk to them, get to know them, and let them get to know you. When they need a mortgage they MAY call you.

Underwriter wrote:
Sam I Am wrote:

Underwriter
Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mtg chick wrote:
Underwriter wrote:
Sam I Am wrote:

C'mon UW...you know Sams humor. Lighten up Twisted Evil or Snarky Twisted Evil or Snarky

1,000 lashes with a wet noodle to Underwriter! He will lighten up. Embarassed

Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sam I Am wrote:
Underwriter, here is where we differ. Sam does not see the validity of the question. Any answer given is nothing more than opinion.
Possibly the best answer is “Both”, or “Neither”.

BOTH - If direct mail is your marketing approach, then the only successful way is to touch the customer in as many ways as possible. NCAllied had some great perspective on this in a post last week “Untapped free lead source - http://implode-explode.com/for.....php?t=4536. Sam’s personal experience is that you have to do something to get them to read your message. 90% of the junk mail received in this shack is not even opened. It goes the same place as bills, in the trash!

NEITHER – Your best prospects are your previous customers and their family and friends. If you are new and just starting out (You poor soul) get out into the community and introduce yourself to everyone you see. Give them a business card. Talk to them, get to know them, and let them get to know you. When they need a mortgage they MAY call you.

Underwriter wrote:
Sam I Am wrote:

Underwriter would never question Sam's wisdom and intellect. Underwriter is just glad to see Sam back on the Forum.

Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any mailing campaign should be 1) professional and 2) consistent. Also, don't mail a single piece to a stranger. If they don't know who you are, you're wasting your money with direct mail. If you don't have a good database of past clients and your other contacts, email me at dsullivan@velma.com and I will be happy to get you a "Tickler" list to help you remember all the people you do know. I used it when I got started in the business, it's still valid today.

I'd start a mailing campaign with a letter that said something like this:

As you know, I work very hard in my business to provide excellent service and advice. I have discovered how hard it is to stay in close touch with people like you, and I just wanted you to know that that’s about to change for good.

I’ve made a decision to provide you with interesting communications on a regular basis.

I realize that you have professionals in every area of your life; people who provide you with valuable services on a long-term basis: your lawyer, your doctor, your trusted mechanic, etc. When you consider that, for most people, buying, selling, or refinancing a home is often the single biggest investment they will ever make, why do they settle for a mortgage professional they don't completely know and trust? After all, national statistics show that a person has some sort of real estate transaction every seven years, which means you risk less-than-exceptional service at least five times during your lifetime.

Please don’t keep me a secret!

My business is primarily built by the referrals of my friends, family and clients. I’d really appreciate it if you’d drop my name next time you hear someone talking about an upcoming home purchase or refinance.

I promise to treat anyone you refer with the utmost respect and professionalism.

Once again, I’d love to hear from you by phone or email if you have a question or just want to say, “hello!”.

Best regards and let’s talk soon!

Sincerely,

That letter is the relationship letter from Velma.com, you are welcome to use the verbage or any part of it. Or you can go hire Velma at www.velma.com and she will mail it to your entire database in minutes (shameless plug).

Regards,

Dan Sullivan

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic