FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Inaction View next topic
View previous topic

Robin
Sentinel

Inaction
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, folks! Long time since I've chimed in here, but some of you might remember me.

I can't be silent when I'm riled, and Lord knows I'm riled right now.

When you're sworn in as a Senator or Congressman, you agree to represent your constituents and set your personal ideas aside. It's part & parcel of being a public representative in any office. But that seems to have been lost (or completely thrown away) in the present day.

Senators don't even show up for Committee meetings to affirm Presidential nominations? Congressmen (and women) boycott hearings and openly proclaim they will not participate in hearings or discussions? It sounds more like a playground scrap than Governmental proceedings. And I'm embarrassed.

I'm embarrassed and ashamed that the people we've elected to public office (regardless of any political affiliation) could behave in such a childish and irresponsible manner, refusing to attend mandatory sessions and voting strictly in opposition to the current Administration with deliberate intent to stymie any effort to affect a peaceful and smooth transfer of power from one to the next and proffer the continuation of Government that our Nation has prided itself on for more than 250 years. It borders on sedition, and I applaud any measure taken to end it to the furtherance of our Country's business.

We don't have to agree - but the system of debate & deliberation should not be halted completely. That would be a cessation of government all together, and no one can agree that would be a good thing.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic