FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Marketing, etc. What's working for everyone. View next topic
View previous topic

Rolo Tomasi
C-4

Marketing, etc. What's working for everyone.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So for those of you who are still toughing out this storm, let's get some constructive discussion going about what's working and what's not working. How you are getting business, referrals and retaining past clients.

Homebuyer seminars?
Website and internet marketing?
Realtor and builder co-op marketing?
Referral generation systems like Buffini?
Print, radio, TV ads? Mailers?
Pretending to be Jehova's Witness and soliciting refi's?

Anyone want to run with this? Bueller? Bueller?

I like working on my business plan in between Christmas and New Years so i'm hoping to share some ideas with those of you that are on the same page.

Flash in the pan

Re: Marketing, etc. What's working for everyone.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

we are closing 35 to 40 Reverse mortgages a month. They arent 5 point home runs but they pay the bills!

Dud?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm with you.....I need to get off my tuff and get back to basics. I've always been used to the phone ringing the last 5 years and its really not ringing much now. I truly beleive in one thing, set up a 5 day work week gameplan EVERY week and stick to it...any activity is good activity. I coach basketball and a kid standing around on the court with their hands on their hips doing nothing to help the team or a kid happily sitting on the bench is not improving himself as a basketball ...the kid that can't even shoot the ball but dives for loose balls, goes hard for rebounds and plays intense with high energy generally will be in the game and will naturally improve himself at the game and make good things happen on court.....same goes for ...whether you spend one day cold calling past clients, leads, or doing mailings, calling realtors, hitting open houses, sending out thank you cards, visiting realtor shops, calling on builders, giving stacks of cards out to business owners or just calling people out of the phonebook, motion and energy and activity to find potential clients will make something happen, GUARANTEED.....but it has to be done with consistancy, every day, no ...sitting around surfing the web and waiting for the phone to ring will have you closing 5 loans in 2008.

C-4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

firstconnmtg wrote:
i'm with you.....I need to get off my tuff and get back to basics. I've always been used to the phone ringing the last 5 years and its really not ringing much now. I truly beleive in one thing, set up a 5 day work week gameplan EVERY week and stick to it...any activity is good activity. I coach basketball and a kid standing around on the court with their hands on their hips doing nothing to help the team or a kid happily sitting on the bench is not improving himself as a basketball ...the kid that can't even shoot the ball but dives for loose balls, goes hard for rebounds and plays intense with high energy generally will be in the game and will naturally improve himself at the game and make good things happen on court.....same goes for ...whether you spend one day cold calling past clients, leads, or doing mailings, calling realtors, hitting open houses, sending out thank you cards, visiting realtor shops, calling on builders, giving stacks of cards out to business owners or just calling people out of the phonebook, motion and energy and activity to find potential clients will make something happen, GUARANTEED.....but it has to be done with consistancy, every day, no ...sitting around surfing the web and waiting for the phone to ring will have you closing 5 loans in 2008.

True. Ever worked the Buffini program or something similar? Anyone else??

Nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like this post.

Lots of money lost this year on advertising.

No more yellow pages.

Less money on direct mail. Will continue on a smaller scale with a more focused list.

Very small classified advertising offering free report through 24/7 hotline.

Topics to include:
Divorce Survival
Getting out of BK early
Capitalizing on the Current Buyers Market
Getting out of Debt
etc. ,etc.

I am going to use third party endorsement letters to other professionals to establish referrals.

So far I have:

Accountant
Pastor
Realtor

So in other words one accountant will send a letter to another accountant saying how great I am, how I take care of his customers, and how it benefitted his business.

Same thing for the other professionals.

Last but not least I am going to spend more time and money cultivating my existing client base for refi's, new home purchases, and referrals.

With all of that said I'll continue cutting personal and business costs as it's going to be a little bit rocky for quite some time.
cobalt360
Nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

loanyoda wrote:
we are closing 35 to 40 Reverse mortgages a month. They arent 5 point home runs but they pay the bills!

I am in Maryland - please share your secrets on the reverse mortgages. That's a really big number in my mind.
cobalt360
Nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

firstconnmtg wrote:

Amen!
salemprestamos
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rolo,

Please enlighten me as to what that program is that you are referring to?

Dud?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i've gone to a couple buffini seminars and I think he's awesome, the thing that turned me off about it was at the end they want you to buy a $200 packet and be coached by his trainers for like $600 a ...everyone has to make coin somehow...but he has incredible referral methods and I did get a lot out of his seminar, but honestly I never followed through on any of his strategies except occasional thank you cards after ...I need to get re-motivated this year, business is so slow right now its time to get out there and start shaking hands and kissing babies.

Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've stuck to the basics since the beginning. No mailers, or anything like that, its been grass roots, meeting people, and working on a referral based business.
"if I do a good job for you, you'll spread my name all over town, if I do a bad job.... well, you'll spread my name all over town." Its worked, and untill the market has collapsed it was generating a lot of business, the problem I have now, is that the values have dropped so much here, that I havent been able to refi people, and when I spent the last year in Colorado, and California for my company, coming home, I had a lot of realtors start using other people, so I shot myself in the foot.

When we got approved to do reverse mortgages, I would go to senior centers, and put on an informational seminar. I would talk about the pro's and con's of a reverse mortgage, and leave a sign up sheet in the back. If they wanted more information, they would leave their name and number, and I'd call them in 24 hours. Again, I'd discuss both the Pro's, AND the Con's, so they knew what they were getting into.
We'd close about 5 a month, with me doing seminars once a week.
LOL, Im available for seminars in a town near you LMAO.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic