FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Life since I left the Mtg business View next topic
View previous topic

doinloansNM
Cherry Bomb

Life since I left the Mtg business
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's been a long time since I've posted. Wondering how everyone has been doing in the business? Well for me when I threw in the towel in the mortgages in 2011 I took a international sales job. But in the beginning of 2012 I found a new opportunity to get back into finance but not in the US. I'm now been living in Mexico City for 3 months now being a international financial advisor. It's funny since my time down here I have come to the conclusion that here is the true land of opportunity. Down here it's pure capitalism! I'm now back to making the kind of money that I did back in 05 and 06 but a lot more Very Happy . I salute everyone who has stuck it out, dealing with Dodd-frank, new FHA guidelines, etc. I wish everyone the best. Let me know how everyone is doing!
bdk
Wrecking crew

Re: Life since I left the Mtg business
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bankrupt and jobless... you have to have a job to get a job in the land of the free home of the brave

Remember remember the fifth of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
doinloansNM
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bdk wrote:
bankrupt and jobless... you have to have a job to get a job in the land of the free home of the brave

BDK why don't you relocate down here. I can get you a job with my company. I found that my years of experience in mortgages has come in handy. Let me know if you are interested.
mahalo guy
Demolition Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm very curious about your business in Mexico.

Can you PM me?
t2940
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Life is good. I got out in 07 with the first wave of crashes. Everyone I sent a resume too went under. I thought it was me...............lol.................I don't make what I used too but enjoy what i'm doing. I did bump into a large company that was micromanaged and torturing their wonderful sales people but I left because life is too short for that. They were the largest security company so guess who?............they just churn and burn good people. It'll catch up with them soon enough.
No complaints here, just glad to work and be appreciated.
Miss my old implode buddies and all the cutting up we did here.
Underwriter
Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings everyone; Underwriter (aka Riot Inciter) here! I still come by and check the site every so often but decided I'd post something by way of showing my continued support for this site.

I left Bank of America in 2006 and never looked back. Did the MI Contract underwriting thing for a bit, then took a long-term Investigations assignment with Genworth working from home for about 2 years. Decided that I just couldn't stomach the business any longer and am now working as a Resource Manager for a large banking consulting firm (3 years now!) and love my job. I still play a large role in the mortgage arena but just not in the firing line, as it were. I do know this: underwriting has changed so much over the past few years that I don't think I could make it in that world again. There is NO common sense in it anymore.

My partner and I moved from Houston, TX, to Connecticut last year and we absolutely love it. I am in Houston every 2-3 weeks for work so I haven't completely abandoned my Texas roots Very Happy

Take care everyone!

Demolition Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Logging in to show my support as well. This site was here for us when we needed it most and I will be here for it. Since I now have some memory issues I expect underwriter to remind me to log in! Lol

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison - 1788
Credit Unon Guy
Nitroglycerin

Time sure flies!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is nice to see some of the old icons here. I too come by every once in a while. Looking back, I am glad I made the jump to this little credit union. Since '08 I have been slogging allong and have trippled the size of the department. I will say that it is a lot easier lending your own money! With all the distrust surounding the big banks, us little credit unions re growing like mad. The future looks bright! I just hope it is not the light at the end of the tunnell! Laughing

Dud?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

doinloansMN,
I would be curious as to what you are doing as a financial advisor in Mexico City. Please email me r b c lending at gmail dot com
boo
Dud?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BDK,
You have been in this same helpless situation for too, too long. You need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. I'm not trying to be heartless, but you have been hitting the same brick walls since this forum started. We were all in the same boat, but everyone else has moved on....

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic