FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

NMLS Continuing Education View next topic
View previous topic

Emerald
Cherry Bomb

NMLS Continuing Education
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Finished my states Continuing education of 45 hours for Broker License. Found out this morning that none of these courses will be allowable for the NMLS continuing education courses. Looking online the average is $300.00 for the courses online. Has anyone finished their education yet? Any suggestions on who to use?
casadefuego
Dud?

Re: NMLS Continuing Education
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like proschools.com They will give a 25% discount to lenders with a number of LO's. Call them for details.

Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did the proschools courses. They had a discount if you paid prior to June 30. The worst part is that you need to spend a set amount of time on each course. Even if you finish the course early and pass the test you aren't done intil you spend the required 2 or 3 hours on it. You will need to leave the computer on and click to a different page or question every 5 minutes or it times out. This is evidentally an NMLS regulation.
Emerald
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, I've checked them out and it was very reasonable. I will make sure to stay connected for the entire time required.

Question for you on the Quarterly filings with NMLS. Did you "upload" their form? After 4 hours of trying to figure out how to save it I finally went online and manually entered the information. You would think they would have a much easier form to fill out and upload?
Do_the_math
The WhistleBlower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

retailorig wrote:
I did the proschools courses. They had a discount if you paid prior to June 30. The worst part is that you need to spend a set amount of time on each course. Even if you finish the course early and pass the test you aren't done intil you spend the required 2 or 3 hours on it. You will need to leave the computer on and click to a different page or question every 5 minutes or it times out. This is evidentally an NMLS regulation.

I just finished my CE, and the required time delays drove me nuts. By the end of the courses, I wanted to stick my head in the oven. As you say, the only way around this is to let the course idle in the background and click to the next page before it times out. Once the time elapses, the screens only require 15 seconds which is a more reasonable pace. I'd prefer more information on each page, and less screens to have to click through.

I'd prefer more beef in the courses to the painfully tedious lag time.

http://contributor.yahoo.com/u.....ailey.html
Emerald
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just finished my CE, and the required time delays drove me nuts. By the end of the courses, I wanted to stick my head in the oven. As you say, the only way around this is to let the course idle in the background and click to the next page before it times out. Once the time elapses, the screens only require 15 seconds which is a more reasonable pace. I'd prefer more information on each page, and less screens to have to click through.

I'd prefer more beef in the courses to the painfully tedious lag time.[/quote]

Signed up with Chamberlain online, wow, their questions were mind thinkers. Final test was good quick. Would recommend it. Just glad it's over, now for the 30.00 NMLS fee and the 300.00 State of CA fee. Love paying the states double, one for continuing licenses and another every year for continuing Ed. Wondering if in 4 years I'll be able to use any of these course credits towards my continuing class.
CalMortgageConnection
Dud?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did mine through a company called OnlineEd and they said the hours would go towards CA DRE license renewal also. We will see. I have to renew mine in the Spring.
Emerald
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are probably way ahead of me, but I seem to barely be able to stay up with what we are supposed to file when. Just found out it is a requirement with the NMLS to file an annual financial statement. Last year at this time we were told it was only required of Bankers. Was told this morning after I filed that the deadline is March 30th. Wanted to give you a heads up in case you were caught off guard like I was.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic