FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Flat Out Denied View next topic
View previous topic

jefftims
Dud?

Re: Flat Out Denied
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BIGTXLENDER wrote:
Tobby you are right as rain!!!

wow just imagine if we made 6% on every deal and or 3% on every deal, and had 'Borrower Agreements' that kept borrowers from going to another lender at any time during the process,

all Realtors ever have to worry about after the contract is when am I gettting paid

I disagree. Most real estate agents only join NAR because their broker is a member. They are required to join. Most agents I know think the loan officers are getting the shaft and they know it is going to effect their business. Imagine getting 3% (because there are usually two agents involved) and you split a part of that with the broker. Imagine driving around all day to show one client 15 houses and then they decide to rent. Imagine having to pay all your marketing costs, pay for leads, and even pay for copies at your office. Oh yes, imagine having to pay a desk fee. Imagine home sales going down after the government tax credit went away. Imagine having to pay for your yearly membership with NAR, MLS, and even more for your lock box key. If you sell homes and having to pay for your lock box, sign, and rider sign. Imagine having to pay someone to install your sign.
I don't think individual real estate agents have it made in the shade. I think they have their own problems. I don't think it is fair to sit here and blame them for what is going on. The blame should go to the government.
BIGTXLENDER
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not blaming them for the crisis we are in , they just part of it like we are. I am basically saying they have a bigger and better advantage than anyone in the transaction and they act like little kids most of the time..

that is their job to drive clients around all day,

I have to pay yearly fees too, I have pay the house $$ too, not sure your point

I have to buy and maintain my computers, printers, websites, software too
we all have costs of doing business. they just have a better rules in place to protect them as we do not...

again I not sure your point,, you are just expressing their job description...

my whole point was they get paid not matter what!!!! I would love to have a contract that kept my client from going any where else and if they did I'd still get paid!!

Dud?

Realtors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are describing the realtor job description exactly. Unless you just want us to feel sorry for realtors because that IS their job description. The situation we are in hasn't changed that. They just have less buyers to drive around to more houses.

The mortgage side, is the only one that has had to really change the way they do business. And have big brother watching every pen stroke.

Someone refresh me on the NEW never ending disclosures that realtors have to have their clients sign (and it better be done exactly RIGHT) or they lose all of their commissions.
jefftims
Dud?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BIGTXLENDER wrote:

my whole point was they get paid not matter what!!!! I would love to have a contract that kept my client from going any where else and if they did I'd still get paid!!

Well they get paid if it closes. Regardless of what they make they are not to blame for the mortgage mess. I don't think real estate agents had anything to do with Wall Street or with the crappy products the banks were having the LO's sell. NAR is not a union and the average agent joins because they have to. Most are not even doing real estate on a full time basis.
jefftims
Dud?

Re: Realtors
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

outsider74 wrote:

The mortgage side, is the only one that has had to really change the way they do business. And have big brother watching every pen stroke.

Someone refresh me on the NEW never ending disclosures that realtors have to have their clients sign (and it better be done exactly RIGHT) or they lose all of their commissions.

Well of course the mortgage side is the target. We are being blamed for approving pretty much anyone that could fog a mirror. We approved people based on an interest only payment. We let people with W2's state their income. Why are we all surprised with these regulations? Things were way out of control. I think the government has overreacted but still they had to do something.
I blame myself for my part. I don't blame real estate agents or anyone else. Well I do blame the banks.
BIGTXLENDER
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jeff, I did not say realtors are to blame, however they did have a part in it just like all of us..

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic