FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Prospect Mortgage. Will they survive 2010? View next topic
View previous topic

OregonLO
Dud?

Re: Prospect Mortgage. Will they survive 2010?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chicgo Guy has it nailed. Rats off a sinking ship comes to mind. What it really boils down to is that I have another referrral source, a lender that cant get it done.
LoanProducer
Dud?

Re: Prospect Mortgage. Will they survive 2012?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OregonLO wrote:
Chicgo Guy has it nailed. Rats off a sinking ship comes to mind. What it really boils down to is that I have another referrral source, a lender that cant get it done.

The people there are nice but you cant get the loans done. Mgmt tries to help but they can get anywhere. You think the point accumulator is bad news for them what until they are investigated for the Lead Generation pay to Real Estate offices.
westminster244
Dud?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Question. Who's the rats?......
I love to read these comments for some comic relief, but I just could not hold back anymore.
As far as your hypothesis- you don't know jack.
1. Had to borrow money from Sterling to make payroll in October.
- like you would know. Do you really know how profitable we really are? Nope.
2. They fired Todd Duncan... Still had to pay him because of his contract$$$
-Dunky was not fire. He is moving into a more consulting roll. You know he got back his business from the law suit right? Probably not since you don't talk to him directly you would not know that.
3. Comp plan doesn't work.. To much subsidy being used on Refi's.. killing profit on P&Ls -
-How's the comp plan not work when the overall revenue increased? Another assumption. Do you even know our refi capture rate? Nope. Probably because you are not understanding the comp plan and the revenue between purchases and refi's have a variance in revenue but were averaged into the comp plan.
4. Jose has left the company.. So the state Florida is gone as well as Virginia.
- Jose went to HBM to run it and was already looking to get out of mortgages anyway. He is still great friends will all. If you knew him you would know he does not have a bad word to say. Already had someone slotted he worked with directly to transition his position.
5. Only 400 loan officers left...
- and your point? how many are left in the business after the last 5 yrs. 10%? You make it sounds like people just leave to other companies. How about – they just don’t produce and threw in the towel…..
6. Sterling is selling Prospect for whatever they can get for it... Caliber Funding is probability the buyer...
- more propaganda. You must have a bug in Ron's condo...
7. Prospect is no longer a nationwide company.. Meaning so many managers have left and have taken their Lo's that there are complete states with no offices now..
- Like Belmont Montana, Yakima Washington. ... Yes, that is a great profit model. Let’s have an office on every corner. Morron. Glad you’re not at the helm.
8. The Power House recruiting team are quitting.. What does that tell you when our own recruiters see what's happening...
- 2 guys leave and the sky of falling??? But when we replace them over night - then what? Maybe they left cause they sucked. Ever think of that? Now I know you don’t know jack and are speculating.
8. Top mangers are leaving.. In northern Ca., Denver, Florida, Va.
- people leaving all the time, and get hired too. If you have not noticed all the new shops opening up with killer rates to bring you in. Then ratchet up the margin like Prime or South Western Pacific or any of the other bankers. If you have been in any time- it is the MO of all these new companies.
9. Rates are so high because of the high over head and lack of Lo's left.
- You must run comps every day – oh wait, you don’t see those reports. And we are in the best 4 to 5 of 2. Not the lowest , not the highest – right in the middle.
10. The number 1 Loan officer in the company Brian Minkow is over 130,000 dollars negative in his accumulator... Which is unfair for all other Lo's at Prospect that are not allowed to go negative and are losing deals based on rates.
- Now this is just dumb. Lets see, a 200 mil producer – that is not even what he collected in processing fees. It’s like 5bps??? What do you contribute to the bottom line? Negativity?
You not a Diamond producer. More like a “has been” that has run the course and just needs to go. Your weak and just need to lay off the speculation. If you can’t get a loan done – maybe it was never a loan to begin with. Or just cause DU “Likes it” doesn’t mean it should be done either, and no one wants to sign off on it and tell you.
As far as Ron taking a helicopter to work, it has been over a yr. since now he is getting his divorce settle. From Sherman to his home is far, and the pilot was a friend – the time away was still too much and has moved closer to the office. So if you knew all the facts and you were in his shoes with his money – you would do the same to be with your family. Judging from your timeline of knowledge of the rumors, you don’t know jack and leave already.

Dud?

Prospect
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Where there is smoke there is fire-- You had to respond to too many rumors and your response to those concerns are incorrect and sound like excuses. Lots of changes there and not for the better, management and LO's leaving in droves- some of which are good producers. Never a good thing when more leave than come in, right? Sling the B.S. however you like.
Your "point bank" is very suspect as are your "agreements" with Realtors only time will tell.
Sterling has had an eye on selling Prospect since mid 2000's or earlier.

Just saying!
Beans
Dud?

Prospect Mtg
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chicago Guy is right on the money with what he's saying...I've heard the same.

As for Caliber that is more than a rumor...Some of the top management from MetLife are on board with Caliber as well. Good luck to you if you are at Prospect.
westminster244
Dud?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about this? We can have lunch with them and you can ask them yourself? Then you have to post it word for word on what is what.
Comps have already been reviewed. As a matter of fact others have now adopted the model like Prime and WJB, and even take it one step further and dish it as a bonus. Look it up or ask someone who works there.
As far as the MSA and JV deals. They are boiler plate and reviewed by HUD and our attorneys after the fine for approval. So you can keep holding on to your breath. Which, by the way HUD approved many years ago and a different arm decided to have an issue. To keep good standing it made more sense to pay them, and keep the relationship. You don’t think a company that funded 6 Billion last year is not a big target already? How about the comp is reviewed by the money line providers too? This is not some whole in the wall mom and pop show, giving LO’s w-2’s and 1099’s at the same time like JMJ Financial and others does it. That is illegal….. but they continue to fly under the radar for now.
Is there more competition? Yes. Popping up like mushrooms. They are small and nimble with less overhead and are luring people away no doubt. Look at a wholesale rate sheet, turn times, and less over sight they can do.
Do loan officers struggle to put a deal together more than before, because they have too. Yes. Less to go around other than refi's. Lo’s trying to do a deal and don’t even bother to look up comps or even how to calculate income.
Does production expand and contract? Sure do - ask Met life, Prime, B of A, Chase, Citi, Ally, and can just keep going. Ask those Met life guys how that tight pricing margin worked out for them……. Or moving ops like Met Life, Prime, B of A, Wells, and… to save a buck or two, or Ally getting put on the market.
When we are looking for more opps support after laying-off and cleaning house, cut the fat and spend it in better places. It's nice how that gets twisted. Goal is to get to 21 day turn times. Or more management people will be replaced….. Tell me that is not for the better…
As for some LO's leaving. Even top producers can be non-profitable especially the high maintenance ones with high comp plans. And for some, “price” is all they sell and will always suck anyways, so they need it. As for the JV guys vs. regular retail, nothing bad against them, but they need to provide more value than just closing a deal fast and the best price in town, while being few to many.
There is more to it than you know.

Dud?

Prospect
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

deleted

Last edited by Chicagoguy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
loanlady100
Dud?

Noise
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow there is a lot of noise happening with Prospect.

I don’t know this Nino Saso person or Robin but I have worked for Ed Vaccaro in the past.

He is the type of leader that will thinks of his team first. He is a real person who listens and will give you great coaching.

If you are one of those people leaving to go work with Ed Vaccaro I don’t blame you.

If Ed Vaccaro made a move to Stearns Lending there must be something up with Stearns and I need to check them out.
westminster244
Dud?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, you guys are pretty sad.
1 guy leaves a company and to h**l and a hand basket it goes? How about someone fills his shoes, and brings LO’s with them….. Maybe even better than him…. and it is a wash…. Where is your negativity now??
First off, there are 613 Loan officers in the Co. So get your numbers right. Take a guess at how many hired last month? I am betting you are WISHING it was 0. Still wrong.
Let me see…… according to my brother’s next door neighbor’s cousin's landscaper knew Ed too. And he said "good lord, the sky is falling". Then realized it was the neighbor tossing poo poo. And I know you don’t know Nino. He probably does not know you either. Because if you did, you would not be afraid to ask him yourself.
The way you plainly speculate is just ridiculous. Why not ask Ed why he left? How about when John Johnson left? Or anyone else of significance? The company is not about them, it is about its people. That is why it keeps on ticking. If you think that someone can't get replaced or recruited your wrong. How about the truth that LO's that left a year ago would to come back because the recruiter ‘ether’ wore off and realized they had lack of product and lack of support. Who cares? Someone else will not be happy where they are at because they don’t realize it’s them that is the problem. All that spew from these people’s mouths is negativity.
The grass is only greener where you water it. Even a monkey can point out a problem. Takes a man or a woman to fix it. Why not bring an idea or try to make a difference? Cause you can’t. You don’t have what it takes. You don’t have influence other than an anonymous forum like this. Probably makes your nuts feel a little bigger doesn’t it?
That is all this forum has become. Bash the place you work, recruiters adding to hear say B.S. to it. Go write on someone else's bathroom wall. Leave already. And take your negativity pals with you so we can close some loans.
Poor p&L my dingle berries. You don't have one. BM's had that taken away last Sept. for metric stips. Comp is no longer about that. And it is only available to District M. And if you were a DM you would be a lot closer to the truth. What a joke….. Now why does no one call you out I wonder? People doing loans don’t have time to read this stuff. I’m tired of watching it and someone who really knows needs to call you out.
Would you like me to post how you comp out with everyone else? And your boy at Sterling... right.... In the Billionaires club too. Did he mention Ron was a speaker to the last CEO event? Think about that for a second. Room full of CEO’s and your “high school hommie at Sterling” gave you dirt…. That’s it…. you’re just another fly on the wall trying to dish dirt. “I can only imagine what Ron is thinking” hahaha, too funny. You should change your ID to Mr. Speculation-hear-say.
Go put your big boy pants on and get a loan…. Somewhere else!

Dud?

Prospect Mortgage
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Prospect is doing fine.

Last edited by ChicagoMTG on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic