FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Postcards or Letters View next topic
View previous topic

themisfit
Cherry Bomb

Re: Postcards or Letters
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Letters over postcards every day of the week. Personalized, not that c**p that looks like a w2, or a check, or whatever....

Data, we buy Trigger and Mortgage+ from Data Wharehouse, have had decent success. Mail out around 15K triggers a week, and the mtg+ in much larger quantities, but only every 4-6 weeks or so.

EC Souza
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sam - I must say (or "EC Must Say") that your posts have been awesome.

I agree, direct mail isn't terribly effective return on investment unless your recipients know you and are likely to read. But if you are going this route, go with personalized letters (mail merge - mail services will provide).

dsullivan
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the simple solution.........

JUST DO SOMETHING!!!!

Dan Sullivan
DebtFreeDave
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would stick with postcards.. they have to at least look at it before they throw it out.

Marketing Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just depends on if your are looking for name recognition or just trying to get a response from a very targeted audience. postcards are great for name recognition and letters work well with people fitting your target market, for example ARM ...you need a letter for those. For loan mods you may want to try post cards.

My two cents

Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the magnetic "Note Pads" where you stick your business card to them. I send these out and give away at realtor functions, etc. Also, the magnetic football schedules are great. People will stick these on their fridge and pass by them to review several times during the season. They will probably chunk them after the season.

Now, this is coming from a gal who has no closings set for this month or next!!!!
kimfino
Dud?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think if you narrow down your parameters you can have some success with Post Cards. I like to use www.myneighborhoodagent.com

Also, you lenders and brokers out there need to market to realtors. I put my banner on every realtor's LISTING website I work with. YES...this is a website for each listing a realtor has...they market it in there ads, magazines, craigslist, realtor.com. You we be on everypage that their website has!

If you want your banner on your local realtors listing websites for minimal $$$ a month - contact me!

Kim Fino
kim@titleonestop.com

National Account Manager
417-559-0025
kim@titleonestop.com
www.titleonestop.com
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Raymond B
Marketing Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my experiences...(over 1 million pieces of mail sent out every month for our clients) ....post cards and letters are totally different responses and there are different reasons for mailing each.

Letters actually convert better if your doing a one time mailer. They are much more personal and thing sin letters always seem more important to the consumer.

Post cards can work as well but more so if your doing name branding. Basically its best to sent post cards when your going to double and or triple mail a good list. Over the few mailings the consumer sees your post cards, logos, and the idea of which your trying to get them to call on.

The most important part of any mailer is the list...bar none. You have to have the most targeted list available to get the best response. There are many sources for lists, just make sure that you get the best if your paying all the money for print and postage anyhow. You may not want to mail out to a 60% accurate consumer file when there is credit data that runs 90% accurate. Sure it may run more for credit data but in the end its well worth the cost difference.

Int he end there are many variables for direct mail. If you have any more questions on anything else regarding mail please post. I will be happy to guide you through the creation of your mail drop to help you ensure a good response.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic